Saturday, July 4, 2009

Poor College Student tried to avoid the suggested donation and failed

Thursday
American Museum of Natural History

Hello, welcome to the Museum of Natural History.
Hi. I have a question. How much is admission?
General admission is a suggested donation of $12. Special exhibits cost more.
Does our Columbia ID get us in for free? We don't have any money.
No.
Oh. Well, can we get two tickets for general admission then?
Two tickets at $12 each. That will be $24.
I don't have any money.
Neither do I.
You have nothing? Not even some change?
My wallet is empty. See?
I have one dollar. I can give you that.
... here are two tickets.
Thanks!
Bye!

Did she really just ask us for change?
Yes. She did.

Next time, we're using the automated kiosk.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaha
    you could have given a dollar

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare them not accept Columbia IDs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to pay the full price if you use the kiosk.

    ReplyDelete